1.23.2013

- Sick-O & Stuff -

Hi! Hope everybody is doing well. I can't really say the same for myself, I woke up sick Tuesday morning and it's been horrible to say the least. I didn't want to let a cold get in the way of my posts, even if I am writing this with hot chocolate in hand. I wanted to write up something for today so I decided just to write -- without over thinking it. 
I know a lot of people are sick right know so if you have any tips on feeling better and kicking a cold to the side, let me know. I've pretty much remained in bed, drinking vitamin water, eating grapes and sleeping. Shocking, I know ... me sleeping... during the day... or at all?! Say what?

Oh, I wanted to mention something that I have become incredibly attached to. Let me begin by saying that I'm the type of person that has a very hard time relaxing and anxiety is my middle name so I recently discovered the soothing world of meditation. I have never been so calm in my entire life and let me say, it was truly life changing. Being able to let go and slip away into a deep state of relaxation is wonderful and I recommend everyone try it at least once to see if you feel the same. 

Anyways, I am running low on hot chocolate so that is probably my cue to conclude my rambling. I'm off to eat some soup, lust over new spring collections online and probably tumblr too much [sorry I'm not sorry]. Stay warm and healthy everyone.

xo, A

2 comments:

  1. Green tea is really good, if you use honey or lemon slices in there it's even better. Also I feel like sitting with a damp hot wash cloth over my face actually makes me feel a lot better! Get lots of rest and have TV show marathons, haha :) Feel better soon, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend checking out LiveStrongWoman on YouTube! They're a YouTube channel dedicated to a healthier lifestyle with weekly videos advising you on a good diet, how to boost your immune system, how to de-stress, and they post tons of healthy recipe videos for healthy living lifestyles. Finally, they also have yoga, pilates, and cardio workouts for toning your body to fitness. I think you'll love the yoga exercises, they're quite easy to follow and super relaxing! Check their channel out, and hope you feel better.

    Rest up! Sleep, water, and antioxidants are your best friends.

    ReplyDelete