4.11.2013

- Yummy Potato Skins -

Starting this blog I didn't think I'd venture onto recipe posts, but I figured - hey, I love food, why not share some of my favorite dishes? A couple weeks ago while at a restaurant, I ordered some potato skins and they were so good that a couple days later I found myself craving some more, so I thought - why not try these out at home? They are pretty easy to make and there aren't really any strict rules for the recipe, you can add what you like and how ever much you want. These are great for hosting a dinner party, Friday movie nights or if you just want to switch things up from regular baked potatoes. Either way, they're delicious and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Heat oven to 400°F. Pick out about 4 or 5 russet potatoes [each potato makes two potato skins] and wash them thoroughly. After that, rub them with olive oil and kosher salt. Place the potatoes in the oven and let them cook for about an hour until they are soft and the skins are crispy. 
Once the potatoes are cooked slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out potato leaving a layer inside. Add some butter. 
Now for the fun part - filling the skins. Load up your potato skins with cheese and bacon and pop them in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Pull them out and add chopped green onions, [or chives].
Now your potato skins are ready, just add dipping sauces, I choose ranch and sour cream. Enjoy! :)
xo, A

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/11/2013

    love the recipe post! keep 'em coming xx

    ReplyDelete